FAIRCHILD WHEELER INTER-DISTRICT MAGNET CAMPUS
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND SOFTWARE ENGINEERING HIGH SCHOOL
- Provides effective instructional leadership to the school community.
- Develops a school-wide organization for optimum staff effectiveness.
- Ensures that the school's mission statement is the driving force for all school decision-making.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates a long-range strategic plan, which is inclusive and focused on instructional improvement.
- Supervises and evaluates school staff to ensure optimum student achievement.
- Supervises and evaluates administrative staff to promote instructional leadership.
- Promotes parental, student, and community involvement.
- Supervises registration, scheduling, programming, attendance, grade reports, as well as district, state and national reports.
- Establishes procedures to enhance safety and security of pupils and staff.
- Implements student discipline and attendance policies.
- Develops and implements site-based professional development.
- Demonstrated success in grant writing that facilitates student project-based learning in alignment with instructional theme.
- Oversees school's advisory committee; schedules meetings.
- Strategically places/promotes the school as a fundamental contributor to the communities associated with the instructional theme.
- Ability to collaborate with the other two Fairchild Wheeler High School principals to form a team to work with professionals in industry/higher education for the development of internships/externships and theme-oriented projects reflecting alignment with emerging/developing career-opportunities.
- Establishes/maintains a level of communication with administrations of all participating school districts for recruitment/success of all students.
- Manages the daily operations of the school, effectively and efficiently, in ways designed to foster optimal utilization of allocated fiscal resources, in accordance with regulations, policies, procedures and statutes.
- Fulfills other duties, as designated in the principal's job description.
- Connecticut certification as an Intermediate Administrator (092).
- Additional certification in Technology Education (047) will consider Art (042) certification.
- Five years successful record of teaching and five years successful record of administrative experience (high school preferred).
- Knowledge and understanding of the teaching and learning process, including curriculum development, instructional improvement and standards of assessment.
- Knowledge of/commitment to provide and promote STEM/Inquiry-based instruction throughout the learning community.
- Knowledge and understanding of comprehensive secondary programming, including special education, bilingual education and all special programs.
- Certified in CALI training (preferred) to include: Data Teams, Data Driven Decision Making and Effective Teaching Strategies, preferred.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with staff members, students, parents and community.
- Demonstrated public relations skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current research and program models for themed instruction.
- Evidence of diplomacy, flexibility, creativity, and perseverance.
- Proficient in use of computer technology.
This job is open until filled and review of candidate applications will begin immediately. Qualified candidates who wish to apply should access the Bridgeport Public Schools website "Human Resources/Jobs" or access the website:
"It is the policy of the Bridgeport Board of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, present or past mental disorder, mental retardation or learning disability, in any of its educational programs, activities or employment practices."
"The Bridgeport Board of Education is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer."