A highlight of the GBLN calendar is our annual sunset cruise, and this year's will be special. It's our "Quinceañero Cruise," celebrating GBLN's 15th year of service to the community.
We set sail and rock the boat on Thursday, July 19, 2018; the rain date is a week later, on Thursday, July 26.
Meet and mingle on the dock, 1 Ferry Access Road, Bridgeport, at 6 p.m. to sign in, get wrist bands and enjoy appetizers. The ferry departs promptly at 7:15 p.m. The ferry waits for no one, so be parked, fed and ready to board no later than 7.
The ferry heads to Port Jefferson, N.Y., where other passengers will disembark and come on board. But we stay on the ship and head back to Bridgeport, where we arrive by 10 p..m.
This year, we're on the top deck, where we can see the sunset and the stars even better. Like other nonprofit organizations in the past, we'll enjoy the open air and the Long Island Sound in grand fashion.
A note about parking: You've got many options. The closest option is the lot just outside Ferry Access Road. There is also free street parking on Broad and Main, and all the meters downtown are suspended for the evening.
The ferry offers shuttle service to and from the terminal and the below designated parking locations. Call 203-836-9955 for the shuttle. Please allow enough time for parking and shuttle transit.
- Imperial Parking Garage – across from Train Station, 10 Middle St. www.imperialparkingbpt.com, 203-366-0468, $16 a day for 6-24 hours, pay less for less time, accepts credit card or cash at pay station.
- Imperial Parking Garage – adjacent to Holiday Inn, manned and open 24-7 www.imperialparkingbpt.com 203-366-0468 $16 a day for 6-24 hours, pay less for less time, accepts credit card or cash at pay station.
- Pro Park – City Trust Garage – 159 John St., 1-800-410-4550, 4 hrs. is $8.00, Open 24 hours, accepts credit card or cash at pay station.
- Transit Garage at Harbor Yard Arena – 700 Main St., 203-337-9915 Mon.-Fri. 4:00 AM -12 Midnight Sat.-Sun. Closed $6.00 a day (may charge more during events at Harbor Yard Arena).
- Parking Lot under 95 – Water Street (closest to Ferry), Mon.-Fri. permit parking only.
- Street parking on Main and Broad Streets is free, with easy shuttle access near Main Gate.
Buy your ticket today using the link on our Events page! The cost is $30 for advance purchase or $40 on the dock, if there are any left. (Last year, we sold out before day of the event.) No refunds.
Network, take in the sunset or just dance the night away as we celebrate 15 years of GBLN!